Monday, August 31, 2009

Living in a hostel !!!

It is not the first time am staying in a hostel, but it is the first time am writing about it. There have been some really funny 'animal' incidents lately. Last week, while i was busy chatting; i saw something jumping on the side of my bed. At first i thought it must be a fly, but i was surprised to see a baby frog. And then the next thing i was doing, was trying to shoo.. it out of my room. I used a broom, to slowly drag it out but it was jumping so high, it could have been easily sitting on my bed. It was just a baby frog, so maybe it forgot its way and was now trying to find a way out.

Then i thought of a nice idea to drag it outside my room. Took a bucket, turned it upside down and luckily i was able to trap it inside it. And then dragged it slowly outside my room and released it. It was such a relief, coz it was no more inside my room. And, yes it was nice to see it jump and leap around the place again.

Then the other day, as i was passing by my neighbours room, saw a cute little cat sleeping under her door curtain. That neighbour of mine, she usually keeps her door closed and there's a curtain outside it , which is a little too long and moreover she keeps her cooler 'on' day and night. So all these factors must be making that place attarctive to the cat (a nice, cool and hidden place). So the cat usually comes and sleeps there late in the night. And when i wake up in the morning, i still see it sleeping there.

Today, i saw a peahen, near the bathroom door. I was shocked, the moment it heard the sound, it flew back on the top of the room. The scene was actually like this, peacock near the bathroom door and black cat behing it. The moment i came out of my room, i saw this and i thought 'Oh my God, what kind of animal is that'. But anyways, all these and many more incidents like shooing away the lizards from my room, make me laugh sometimes. So i thought of writing these down.