Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Five Foods: I can do without

Surely can be called an indulgence, but these contain sinful lot of calories. It comes as no surprise, still I like these foods. 

1. Cinnamon Rolls - I must be the biggest fan of cinnamon rolls, as no visit to the mall completes without a bite. And it carries unimaginable load of calories, i.e. 730 calories in one roll (221 g), which amounts to 37% of the total intake of fat and 38% of carbohydrate. I was surprised when I got to know about the calories, but anyways that hasn't stopped me from eating it though I go for the smaller servings now.

2. Bagels - Another heavy-weight in the list, a plain bagel contains 320 calories, that accounts for 27% of daily intake of sodium and 21% of carbohydrates. That's a lot of sodium there, still bagels cannot be resisted and is definitely one of the foods I can do without. 

3. Muffins - My most favorite Blueberry muffin, it is so yummy but it comes packed with large amount of calories. A blueberry muffin has 470 calories, and 26% of the total intake of fat, 20% of cholesterol and 24% of carbohydrates - that's a dampener for sure.

4. Danish Pastry - The easiest take away food, for me. It also lies in the high calorie foods, as one pastry (71 g) has 263 calories, which accounts for 20% of daily intake of fat, 27% of cholesterol and 11% of carbohydrates. I'll have to stop binging on apple danish. 

5. Doritos - The snack I eat almost every weekend. One serving (28 g) of Doritos contain 140 calories, 11% of daily intake of fat and 6% of carbohydrates. Time to look for some alternatives.

These five have been the comfort foods for me, but I can definitely do without all of them.

Links:
1.http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-cinnabon-classic-roll-i52903
2. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-dunkin-donuts-plain-bagel-i119065
3. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-dunkin-donuts-blueberry-muffin-i119104
4. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-danish-pastry-fruit-enriched-i18246?size=4