Monday, September 26, 2011

Visit to the Dentist

Getting a tooth extraction or a root canal, can be terrifying for anyone. And seeing a dentist for a routine check-up can be worrisome too, as you never know what might be the next step. I had an appointment last Friday, and believe me, I was not at all glad about it.

Still, made it just in time for the afternoon appointment and had to wait for a little while. Then the lady, called me in for an X-ray of my teeth, and it took her twenty minutes to finish with that. As the examination involves, placing a sensor inside the mouth to get pictures of the teeth, bones and tissues around it to find out if there are any cavities or other problems.

Then, the report was shown to the dentist, he looked at it carefully and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my teeth. And it was such a relief to hear that. But I was supposed to get cleaning done, irrespective of the fact that my pearly whites were in perfect condition.

I was kind of nervous about the cleaning, but it was done within a short time. And I got a good lesson on flossing as well.

Definitely, after this appointment, I feel less scared about seeing a dentist again.