Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake Tremors: Across the East Coast

Just saw the news about earthquake rocking the East Coast at 1:41 p.m. today and yes, I felt it. I was sitting on the sofa working on my laptop, when the sofa started rocking; it went on for quite a while almost for more than 30 seconds. 

At that time, I didn't realize that it was an earthquake, I just thought that maybe am having a headache or its the very strong and gutsy winds which are making the whole building shake. It was quite strange. Though I have been in this kind of situation before once in India, when there was an earthquake in Kashmir in 2005 and the tremors were felt all the way in Haryana. At that time, I was standing near the door, when all of a sudden everything started shaking, the door, the floor beneath my feet; I almost felt like my head was spinning. That one was very strong. 

Apart from that, I don't recall any.

And I just hope that the Hurricane warning goes wrong. It's so damn scary.