Thursday, April 01, 2010

Google or Topeka ?



When I opened the browser today, it was 'Topeka' not Google. I actually closed that tab and opened again, n there it was 'Topeka' again. Somewhere it crossed my mind, that it might me some malicious site and again my computer will crash, so I closed it for the second time. The third time (well, now it can't be wrong) but once again, it was Topeka.

What is Topeka?

Well..if you move the cursor on the Logo, it will say 'a different kind of Logo'. But of course, one needs to know what exactly it is. Then after some 'Topeking' n not 'Googling', I found that its the name of the Capital city of Kansas in U.S.

And the exact meaning of the word 'Topeka' is 'to dig out good potatoes'; so through Google, we can dig out good search results (ding!).

Or maybe its just an April fool's trick.

Or yes, I found one more reason, its a gesture in return to the city of Topeka, which was renamed Google for the month of March.

The new logo serves many purposes, Firstly, it is different (no doubt about it); Secondly, it means digging out good potatoes or should I say good search results; Thirdly, today is fool's day; and Fourthly, a return gesture to the city of Topeka.

Reasons abound, I like Google better.

Link:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/different-kind-of-company-name.html